Tash J. Van Dora
Georgia Workers’ Compensation and Corporate Employment Attorney
Attorney Tash J. Van Dora is the Managing Partner of The Van Dora Law Firm, LLC. He provides high-quality representation to corporations and insurance companies throughout the State of Georgia. Particularly, he is an advocate for businesses in the contexts of Workers’ Compensation and Employment Law.
A Family-Owned Firm Taking on Cases from Both Sides
Mr. Van Dora founded The Van Dora Law Firm, LLC, in 2000 to bring respectable advocacy to his corporate and insurance clients. He was joined by his sons, Jeremiah T. Van Dora in 2012 and Tash M. A. Van Dora in 2018. Together, the father and sons law firm is able to provide representation to clients on both sides of the workers’ compensation and personal injury spectrum. Tash brings his experience and knowledge of court and insurance processes while his sons provide support to those who may fall outside their father’s normal clients.
Bringing a Lifetime of Experience to Corporate Boardrooms
Mr. Van Dora has over 35 years of experience in Workers’ Compensation and Insurance Defense litigation. He provides that experience to his corporate clients through seminars, personal consultation with key decision-makers, and strong courtroom skills. Over the years he has educated numerous business clients on how to handle Workers’ Compensation claims and complaints to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Mr. Van Dora is so highly respected that his clients and even opposing attorneys are eager to refer him to their colleagues and associates.
A Local Lawyer with Community Connections
Mr. Van Dora has been a key member of the community in Northeast Georgia for decades. He works in both Georgia state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, representing businesses and insurance companies in Hart, Franklin, Elbert, Stephens, Madison, Clarke, Oconee and Ogelthorpe counties, and statewide.
Educated close to home, Mr. Van Dora played Varsity Football and Baseball for Georgia Tech before attending the University of Georgia School of Law. He obtained his law degree and started practicing in 1984. He now makes it his goal to give back to the community with his work, and his volunteer efforts. He is a co-founder for the Lake Hartwell Touchdown Club, which supports local High School football teams. He is also a volunteer for the Prevent Child Abuse Hart County, a non-profit organization. Mr. Van Dora believes in supporting his local community and has raised his sons to echo his charitable perspective.
Tash J. Van Dora, At a Glance
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- The Van Dora Law Firm, LLC, 2000-present
- Savell & Williams, LLP, 1984-2000
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 1984
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S. (Industrial Management)
- Group Funds Association of Georgia – Panel Discussions on Workers’ Compensation at Annual Meeting
- Georgia Department of Agriculture – Workers’ Compensation Law
- State Board of Workers’ Compensation Regional Seminars
- Independent Insurance Agents of Georgia Annual Convention – Workers’ Compensation Law (2011)
- Numerous seminars for corporate clients on workers’ compensation and EEOC matters
Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia Workers’ Compensation Section
- State Bar of Georgia Employment Law Section
- Group Funds Association
- Georgia Oilmen’s Association
Awards & Distinctions
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent 5 out of 5 Rating
- The American Lawyer Magazine, Georgia Top Rate Lawyer (Workers’ Compensation and Labor/Employment)
- Lexis Nexis Georgia Legal Leader