» Georgia Car Accident Lawsuits

How can the attorneys at The Van Dora Law Firm help me after a car accident?

Car wreck cases are difficult and the laws can be confusing.  Insurance companies will also try and settle your case for less than it is actually worth.  An experienced car wreck lawyer knows what to do, when to do it, and how to evaluate your case for settlement or prepare it for trial. Call us today.  We can help.

The other driver doesn’t have any insurance, what do I do now?

You would be able to use your uninsured/under insured motorist coverage if you have it.  This is a very complicated area of the law. Get a lawyer.  You’ll be glad you did.    The most important thing is to let your insurance company know you need to use your UM/UIM coverage in writing as soon as possible.  It is better to let an experienced attorney do this for you. They know how and where to do this.

Do I have to give a statement to the auto insurance company?

No.  NO. NO!  You have no duty whatsoever to provide a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company.  The insurance company will often send letters to you after a car crash stating they will “close their file” if you do not make contact and give a statement.  This is not true. You also do not have to give the insurance company a medical release. Your best bet is to talk to an auto accident lawyer.  Let them deal with the insurance company.  It’s their job. Let them work for you.

What info should I obtain from the other driver immediately after a car accident?

It is extremely important to stay calm after an accident and remember to collect the information of the other driver in order to have the strongest claim possible.  Get all information from the other driver (name, address, phone, driver’s license number, license plate, make/model of car etc.) If you can find out who owns the vehicle, that is very important too.